Monday, June 25, 2012

Mommy and Daddy's Second OB GYN Appointment

We got to meet Dr. W today.  Well, technically I had met him before in the course of my work, but this was the first time T met him, and the first time I'd exchanged more than a few, job-related words with him.



                                         It was a very nice visit.



This time they knew I wasn't pregnant (that I know of).  I got to keep my clothes on.  I got to keep all my pee.  Best of all, we both loved Dr. W's manner - very gentle and patient, almost effeminate.  Also, we got to spend 25 minutes talking to him, which is 4 hours in Doctor Time, so that was great.  He answered all our little questions, and I scratched eight more things off my To Worry About list.

Then we stopped at the outpatient lab so my scientist husband could indulge his desire to have my lead levels checked.  It only took 8 minutes.  Guess I can't see the doctor without giving up some bodily fluid.

The only bad news is that the doctor said he'd be very surprised if I got pregnant this month, immediately after removing the IUD.  The good news is that he said nothing bad would happen to the baby if I did.

I am trying not to get my hopes up.

But I am.

1 comment:

  1. I love the illustrations! This is very exciting. Remember, God and Mother Nature and Fate are also involved. SC

    ReplyDelete